WHAT IS KALI PHOS?
Kali Phos is a Tissue Salt, also known as Potassium Phosphate. It is an amazing tissue salt that I use in my practice on a very regular basis. I see so many people suffering from the effects of stress these days and apart from Reflexology, which can soothe the nervous system and calm the mind, Kali Phos taken several times a day can keep the feeling of peace and calmness going between treatments.
Kali Phos is one of the 12 Tissue Salts founded by Dr Schuessler, a Homoeopathic doctor. Dr Schuesslers work was heavily influenced by a pathologist called Dr Rudoph Virchow, who theorized that disturbances thought of as diseases are actually signs of change in cell metabolism. Based on this idea Dr. Schuessler became convinced that the active ingredients in the most successful of his Homoeopathic prescriptions were inorganic. There are 12 inorganic tissue salts in every human cell, therefore if one or more of these is deficient disease will occur.
Dr Schuessler went on to explain that these 12 Tissue Salts are necessary for the harmonious function of the human organism. If there is a deficiency in one or more of these salts over time it will give rise to chronic conditions and diseases.
With the theory behind Tissue Salts explained, I will now tell you about Kali Phos and how it can help you. This is the Tissue Salt I use most often in my practice due to it’s amazing effect on the nervous system.
WHAT CAN KALI PHOS HELP WITH?
Kali Phos is a brain and nerve tonic. It can help relieve the effects of stress and calm the mind and body. Below are just some of the benefits:
- It can calm an over active mind and promote a sense of peace.
- Students who suffer ‘burn out’ from over study are helped by this wonderful Tissue Salt as it sooths the brain and nervous system.
- Depression is another area where Kali Phos is beneficial as it helps to lift the spirits.
- Insomnia – with either trouble getting to sleep due to an overactive mind, or waking early and not being able to get back to sleep.
- Poor memory and/or concentration issues.
- PMT can often be helped by Kali Phos, especially mood swings at this time.
- Calming fear, such as fear of flying, visits to the dentist or any situation that is challenging.
So many people are trying to juggle work and family life, getting worn out but unable to sleep well. The addition of Kali Phos helps to calm the nervous system thus aiding a good nights sleep.